A sports massage is a super effective way of getting deeper into the muscle fibres, removing waste materials and mobilising scar tissue. This helps to reduce pain and stiffness by increasing heat and circulation.
Some benefits of Sports Massage are:
- Decreased risk of injury or re-injury by reducing pain and swelling
- Improved posture, range of motion and flexibility
- Remodelling of scar tissue
- Improved athletic performance and accelerated recovery rate and healing after hard training sessions (DOMS- delayed onset muscle soreness) and injury
- Removal of lactic acid build up
- Improved balance and stability
- Reduces muscle tension and pain
- Prevents stress on muscle groups compensating for the injury
- Allows an injured area to return to normal efficient functioning
- Prevents development of weak areas in the body
Other sports therapy techniques have been shown to be effective alongside sports massage:
- Muscle energy techniques
- Myofascial Trigger Point Release
- Soft tissue mobilisation
- Soft Tissue Release
- Advanced stretching techniques (PNF)
- Vertebral Joint Mobilisations
- Deep Transverse Frictions
- Kinesiology Taping
It is brilliant to reduce knots in the back, neck and shoulders after a long day at work sitting at a desk. Massage will improve recovery rate after a sports game, a run or the gym. Post sports massage has been shown to reduce the severity of muscle soreness. One study looked at how post sports massage can affect male bodybuilders after their intense workouts. Exercise performance and recovery rate improved, thus gym-goers should certainly be thinking of setting up a regular visit to get one done every now and again.
It has also been proven to help the muscles relax after a stressful day and relieves tension headaches. It is very effective in relieving pain from injury and causes condition of healthier muscles, tendons and ligaments. There is plenty of research to support it also improves mental health conditions like depression, stress and anxiety.
The benefits of sports massage have been scientifically proven. Everyone should be thinking out getting a regular one to improve mobility in the soft tissues. Sports massage can also help bring more blood flow to damaged tissue and this is how it helps in the inflammatory process when dealing with injured tissue.
Effleurage is one technique used to warm up and relax the area, in preparation for deeper work. Compression, kneading, rolling, cross-fibre friction and longitudinal techniques are then applied to the session. Tapotement (cupping, hacking) style massage is used for stimulating and activating the muscles.
Our sports massages will make you feel lighter than a feather!
To book in with us please contact 07746897647 or book online.